Tuesday 7 April 2015

The Snazzies: Saggy Model Detailing

Hey Catherine,

Apologies for the delay on getting this post over to you I wanted it on here yesterday but I had to go out to a family function. This has resulted in a bit of a backlog on my part so I'm sorry for that. With that said I have a few things to show you please let me know if there are any problems with how he looks now. I am kind of happy where he is and the extra details were fun to make.

The Belt quite a simple thing really I wasn't concerned about it I just wanted to make sure I could get it to wrap round the waist quite nice (similar to your drawing and thus the Orthograph). It is probably quite high in poly-count (techno speak) in comparison with the Saggy Body. But I am optimising for performance here and if it looks good I don't see a problem. It should work to your favour.

The Glove Brows were a little more organic to make (obviously) I just mirrored them across once I made one and altered the second very slightly. Probably the hardest part of doing this was making it so one of the fingers flaps down over his eye. This model is largely asymmetrical so I figured I'd copy that detail over too. I hope you like it, I think it makes him look funnier.

The Seams (which I matched to create your centre bum line for the boxers) were again a little fidgety but I thought it make the jeans look more refined in the viewport. The thing that bothered me most about the slinky was how spherical things were. Things tend to look more authentic when they sag but the slinky was a pristine thing (I'm not used to that haha), still it was fun!

The last thing and its minor but I thought it was worth mentioning. The Belt Loops for the model are in place its a bit of an issue to fit the belt through (mainly because the front doesn't have loops as such). You also cannot appreciate the button on the jeans because its hidden behind the belt. I didn't think this through when modelling but I was following the original concept to the letter.

Anyway let me know if there's anything you don't like here...
xXStItChXx

No comments:

Post a Comment